Poor readers (the few of that you exist). I’ve neglected you lately, and I know it. Turns out that when work kicks my ass as it has been lately, I don’t have much motivation to cook fun and exiciting dishes. Mostly, I want to lay on the couch and eat pasta with jarred sauce for dinner every night. While it is one of my favorite meals, it doesn’t necessarily warrant its own post.
Here are some things in lieu of a recipe:
- Last night I combined peanutbutter chocolate chip ice cream with Cubby crunch (vanilla with sprinkles and other fun things) and it was an amazingly delicious combination. Visit Bobtail Ice Cream and have some yummm.
- I’ve been craving Chicago-style pizza like no other! Good thing I live in Chicago. Plus my parents are visiting this weekend so I can finally have some. I’ve also been considering making it. I hope that the helpful folks at this incredibly detailed site will be able to help me out with making a cornmeal deepdish crust.
- In the orzo recipe from earlier this week, I used romano cheese, and I love it! The wedge of parmesan that I was originally going to buy at the store was over 7 dollars! The same size wedge of romano was only $3.00!! And just as delicious–I even think it’s even better; it melts better and isn’t quite so salty.
- I’m so looking forward to Thanksgiving this year! In addition to all the regular favorites, it will also mean a second attempt at my most favorite apple upsidedown cake.
- In the next few weeks, expect some guest posts about chia seeds, apparently the healthiest and most versatile thing you can eat. Plus they can grow hair on your ceramic Obama head or rabbit, so they’re also entertaining.