Yum yum. My newfound passion for Indian food is going strong. Easy, vegetarian, cheap, extremely healthy, and incredibly delicious are all words/phrases that describe this meal.
- 1 large can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup mushrooms (I used shiitake)
- 1/2 teasp garam masala
- 1/2 teasp ground coriander
- 1/2 teasp cumin
- 1/4 teasp turmeric
- Salt and pepper
Start by sauteeing the cauliflower over medium high heat in a large pan and cover for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spices, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes, until the cauliflower is mostly cooked through.
Add the chickpeas and tomatoes, reduce the heat slightly to medium and cover for another 2-4 minutes, until everything has been heated through. Serve immediately with jasmine rice and enjoy.